Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Reflection #1: Unit Q-Verifying Trig Identities

1. To verify a trig function is to show that the function given on the left side matches up the function given on the right side by simplify, substituting, and multiplying. You never touch the right side. The point is to get both sides to equal each other.

2. What has really helped me solve these functions was to memorizes all the identities. At first I thought it was pointless but when you are in the process of verifying or simplifying a trig function its a hassle to constantly having look back and forth. MEMORIZE! MEMORIZE! MEMORIZE!

3. The first thing I always do is try to change everything to sine and cosine. It makes everything a lot easier when it is in sine and cosine. Then I look for GCF. From there I look to cancel out anything and or combine like terms. From there I see if i can substitute an identity again and I'm usually done by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment